Gas Sensing Module
The Ex certified gas sensing module (GSM) is designed to ensure that ambient air being ducted into a SAFEHOUSE habitat is free from flammable and toxic gases, and it is therefore safe to operate inside the welding enclosure. The gas sensing module consists of an air ducting assembly with an integral damper, which can turn to close off the duct if a gaseous hazard is detected.
Gas sensors are sited upstream of the damper and detect the levels of flammable and H2S gas in the ducted air flow. If the flammable or H2S gas level in the duct rises above 10% LEL (lower explosive limit) or 5ppm (parts per million) respectively, then the gas sensing module automatically closes the damper, illuminates a red sounder beacon and sets off a sounder to warn of the presence of a potentially dangerous build-up of flammable or toxic gas. The damper cannot be re-opened until the flammable or toxic gas concentration reduces to below alarm level.
A remote flashing beacon may also be connected to the gas sensing module to provide additional warning indication. If the gas sensing module has a remote gas sensor connected, the alarm will activate at 10% LEL, but the damper will stay open allowing safe air in to to maintain habitat integrity, while alerting the work party of the hazardous condition. When the welding control module is connected to the gas sensing module, automatic shutdown of hot work tools will occur during any alarm condition.
- FLAMMABLE AND TOXIC GAS DETECTION
- CLOSES A DAMPER TO PREVENT FLAMMABLE OR TOXIC GAS ENTERING THE HABITAT THROUGH THE INLET DUCT
- AUDIO AND VISUAL ALARM ON UNIT
- REMOTE SOUNDER BEACON FOR AUDIO AND VISUAL
- ALARM INSIDE HABITAT OR REMOTE LOCATION
- SHUTDOWN SIGNAL SENT TO WCM (IF CONNECTED)
- OXYGEN LEVEL MONITORING (MARK 5 ONLY)
- WCM – WELDING CONTROL MODULE
- RSB – REMOTE SOUNDER BEACON
- RGS – REMOTE GAS SENSOR
- MSM – MULTI-SENSING MODULE
- PDM – PRESSURE DIFFERENTIAL MODULE
Fill in your details below to instantly download our datasheet.